In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- Growth House – Discusses hospice care, dying with dignity, terminal illness, grief and bereavement.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
WELCOME TO STEVENS BROTHERS FUNERAL HOME
The experience of the Stevens Brothers Funeral Home and its support team is committed in doing everything we can to meet and exceed your expectations. Stevens Brothers Funeral Home will help you plan a funeral or make a pre-arrangement for yourself or a loved one. Please call DAY or NIGHT and our experienced team can assist those in need of bereavement support.
Thank you Stevens Brothers Funeral Home, The Smith Family sends many thanks to all who made the beautiful service and burial of my uncle , Mr. Jeff Smith, a memorable one. – With Love, The Smith Family
Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process. Family members and friends get a chance to say their goodbyes and lean on each other.
The professionals at Stevens Brothers Funeral Home have gathered a few recommended resources for your family and friends to use during this time of loss.
STEVENS BROTHERS FH
900 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, Blvd
Belle Glade, Florida 33430
401 N. Rosemary Avenue
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401